Here are the headline points from the survey sent out to all Disley WI members …
DISLEY WI SURVEY 2016 – HEADLINES
36 responses out of a possible 58 = 62% (very good for these kind of things)
Mostly very positive with a couple of niggles.
Clubs/activities/meeting new people more important than meetings
Speakers important but need to be good.
Meetings least popular activity
– how can we spice up meetings?/make them more engaging?
– Ensure speaker quality?
Only 2 out of 35 never attended any outside opps.
60% happy with current clubs
40% would like new clubs
– pub quiz x 9 (!)
– cooking/baking x 4
– darts and doms/cards/games x 1
– bridge x 1
– choir x 1
– occasional adventurous activities
Should we ask for volunteers to run any of these?
POTENTIAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
– would take on a peripheral role x 1
– happy to step back up x 1
– in the future x 1
– not at present x 11
We should ask directly for volunteers asap.
THE BIG PICTURE
– What is role of national WI?
– Campaigns and Disley WI participation in them v confused.
Do we need to do a quick overview talk/handout?
Could we do our own debate?
– More members should participate but time is a limiting factor
FUTURE OF DISLEY WI?
– 50% don’t want to lose it
– 45% would work to save it