32 members and 5 guests attended the monthly meeting, and the speaker was Julia Hawthorne, from the Life Association charity.
We learnt about the Dalit people of India and how the charity helps them by building schools and children’s homes
There was also the opportunity to buy some of the Dalit candles and other items
We also discussed:
- the suggested closure of the School House Surgery, It was decided that, following the update from NHS England, that no further action required by the WI. However there is a support group in the village – details are on Facebook and around the village.
- There will be a Secret Santa at the Christmas Meal – item to the value of £1
- having a Bazaar Table at each meeting – please bring along plant cuttings, crafts, homemade produce. All monies raised will go to our charity of the year
- Date for our 2016 Saturday coffee morning is 2nd April
- Next meeting is the AGM with a Bring and Share.
- Sarah is collecting the leaflets that arrive with WI Life and will be returning them to the NFWI along with a letter stating our opposition to so much advertising material.
- Christmas Menu choices and cheques need to be in by Nov meeting.